NY, I Love You
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
If This Town is Just an Apple, then Let Me Take a Bite...
(M. Jackson, Human Nature)
• 26.2 miles
• chasing Aldo Rock (famous Italian marathon and triathlon runner)
• pilgrimage to Sullivan Street Bakery to shake hands with Jim Lahey
• hunting for an alternative to Una Pizza Napoletana
• taking a stroll on Fifth Avenue to feel like Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's
• shopping at Rizzoli Bookstore, hoping to meet my own Robert de Niro (remember this?)
• going for a walk In the Park, Barefoot or with the shoes
• homage to the famous diner on 112th Street, set of many Jerry Seinfeld's episodes
• admiring the 59th Street Bridge at night, sitting on a bench like Woody Allen & Diane Keaton, without thinking of the five bridges that are waiting for me
• a Long Island Ice Tea, but after the marathon : )
- Chapter one.
"He was as tough and romantic as the city he loved. Behind his black-rimmed glasses was the coiled sexual power of a jungle cat".
- I love this.
"New York was his town and it always would be".
(W. Allen, Manhattan)